Traditionally, professionals adhered to a strong boundary between their work lives and their personal lives.  There was an unspoken divide between the two worlds, and experiences from one rarely merged into the other.  Thanks to technology and longer work hours, the time devoted to purely personal issues got squeezed.  This resulted in professionals being squeezed.  Early morning workouts are combined with breakfast meetings, and commuting time is constantly spent working. How many parents are on their iphones during school functions for their children? Right.
How organizations handle the fact that their professionals have OTHER lives determines how much stress they pass along to those same professionals who are trying frantically to straddle both spheres of their lives.  The stress created from families demanding more attention - simultaneously with organizational demands for more productivity/revenue/client meetings, etc. is a dance we all try to accomplish with grace.
But here's the question: does the organization and/or profession you've chosen allow you to have a full life? Are you encouraged to participate in community events, charitable endeavors, family events - not to mention take time for your own mental and physical health (a yoga class or a run at lunch?).  I hear silence.
Consider the research from Teresa Amabile (Director of Research at Harvard Business School):
"Gallup quantified the link between employee feelings and corporate outcomes, reporting that lost productivity due to employee disengagement costs more than $300 billion in the U.S. annually." (Amabile, T.M. & Kramer, S.J. 2012. How leaders kill meaning at work. McKinsey Quarterly, Jan. 2012).
Net: how we FEEL about ourselves at work translates into the work product we output.
Whether we are fulfilled about our lives, or completely stressed actually factors into our performance.  Of course it makes sense, but stop and think about allowing yourself to be happier at work.  The benefits to you AND to your organization may just be worth it.

Comments

07/16/2013 10:55am

Choosing a profession and chasing after it is one of the hardest and greatest risk involved. Wrong profession will used up an entire life and contribute nothing. Thank you so much for the good share and I thank the author for posting this informative article. Keep updating.

10/21/2013 4:52am

There are certainly a lot of details like that to take into consideration. That is a great point to bring up. I offer the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you bring up where the most important thing will be working in honest good faith. I don?t know if best practices have emerged around things like that, but I am sure that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Both boys and girls feel the impact of just a moment*s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.

10/22/2013 6:28am

It is precise pithy information,the image truth hoagie is besides nice it is much remarkable point i approve it. Only i am expecting something unlike information in your blog.

10/30/2013 11:18am

Assuming that a prospective examination paper creator is intrigued by a more broad excercise on exploration papers, he may as well look at different research paper workshops that are accessible on the Web.

10/31/2013 8:59pm

This is truly a great blog thanks for sharing. Excellent and decent post. I found this much informative, as to what I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up.

11/02/2013 7:24pm

It’s appropriate time to have plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I’ve read this submit and if I could I want to propose you couple of interesting items or tips. Maybe you may write up coming articles talking about this article. I want to read more aspects of it!

Aw, this was an extremely nice post. Inside idea I would like to put in writing similar to this additionally – taking time as well as actual energy to make a excellent article… but exactly what do I say… My partner and i procrastinate a lot and by no means seem to get something done.

11/18/2013 11:07am

Of circuit, you endow demand to be in conversation along your venal epitome journalist, as they demand to compile info on your process account further erudition, however that is about it.

11/25/2013 6:03am

Actually I'm not understood it seriously I soul a inexact blog demesne place. But now I had sufficient no of visitors and multitude. Oh worthless actually I don't impoverishment to aver some this artifact. Endmost few days daily I got some cheat comments with unite to essayontime.com.

It’s appropriate time to have plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I’ve read this submit and if I could I want to propose you couple of interesting items or tips.Maybe you may write up coming articles talking about this article. I want to read more aspects of it!

04/24/2014 4:49am

A too tremendous blog inform. We are truly thankful for your blog enter. You will spot a many of approaches since visiting your announce. I was quite searching for.

05/03/2014 12:10pm

Specialists on the arranged such as manufacturer, representative, arranged designer and also personalities almost all translate this screenwriter's eyesight from other particular person skills.
Since development of your picture is eventually a new collaborative artwork, this screenwriter should be aware of model's purpose and therefore, this screenplay need to indicate this writer's information.

05/15/2014 11:39am

Always there must be a solid boundary between personal life and his own career, unification of these two concepts of good never ends! Frequent breakdown of the marriage and a lot of similarities are the main problems

07/23/2014 2:42am

In fact My partner and i study the idea this morning although I needed several thought processes about it and from now on I desired to learn the idea all over again mainly because it is rather well crafted.